Community Manager
: ‎25-01-2015

TRUE Travel - What Were Your Most Memorable or Funniest Travel Moments?

Hi TRUE Labbers!

It's nearing the end of the year so you know what this means...school break is coming up and holidays are being planned! Travelling is quite essential if you're the type who relishes in learning about new cultures and taking in new experiences and moments as you immerse yourself in a different country and language.

Most of us will probably have a story to share or two about what we saw, heard, tasted, smelled (or bought!) in a travel destination and some of them can be funny, inspiring or even heartbreaking.

My most memorable travel moment to date was staying in Siem Reap for one week and visiting Ankor Wat and the surrounding temples for a few days. I used a bicycle to go from one temple to the next and let me tell you, that was not an easy feat as I got to experience first-hand just how massive the whole place was! It got me thinking on how life was like hundreds of years ago and wondering about the daily lives of the former occupants.

What were your favourite travel moments? Feel free to share them! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 4 (849 Views)
TRUE Fan
: ‎17-03-2015

Re: TRUE Travel - What Were Your Most Memorable or Funniest Travel Moments?

My most memorable travel moments is when I was in Thailand. I was tricked into eating a fried cockroach Smiley Sad  They asked me if it was nice.. I said "crispy".  I freaked when they told me it was a fried cockroach :'(

Message 2 of 4 (826 Views)
Community Manager
: ‎28-11-2014

Urgh...that's quite brave of you to eat fried cockroach @skaung! As adventurous as I think I am, I don't think I would ever try eating bugs. My most memorable travel moment to date is visiting and staying on San Marco Island in Venice, Italy. I loved that the island had no cars and everyone walked or travel by speed boat (taxis) or gondolas (which was really scary to me). I also got to experience the weekly night market they have, eating freshly made gelato on a cool summer night Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4 (820 Views)
Highlighted
TRUE Fan
: ‎17-03-2015

@Agent_A yeah that is..  I wouldnt have eaten it if i knew it was a cockroach!! hahaaa.  

Wow San Marco in venice!! I've only seen pictures.. Hope to travel there one day! Smiley Happy  Night market & gelato in a foreign country like venice sounds so good!!

Message 4 of 4 (798 Views)