Co brand credit card on LRT & the upcoming MRT

by hong_323 on ‎03-12-2015 12:44 PM

Hi True team,

Just wondering whether is it possible for the bank to launch a co-brand debit/credit card with LRT/upcoming MRT companies ? We have so many public bus/train users and it is definitely a great mass market to explore. 

p/s: I suppose TNG will definitely against this idea because if this is materialised i suppose their business will get impacted. lol..

Cheers!

Hi @hong_323

That's an interesting idea. Definitely something to ponder. We've taken into consideration your idea and will work out to see how feasible it is to implement.

Keep those great ideas coming in! Smiley Happy

-Agent_A-

Comments
by Community Manager
on ‎03-12-2015 01:58 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @hong_323

That's an interesting idea. Definitely something to ponder. We've taken into consideration your idea and will work out to see how feasible it is to implement.

Keep those great ideas coming in! Smiley Happy

-Agent_A-

by hong_323
on ‎03-12-2015 05:14 PM

Thanks Anna (aka @Agent_A) Tomorrow is Friday again enjoy your coming weekend with friends and family. =)

by youngst
on ‎04-12-2015 11:47 AM

That's a good idea and it is true that Tng business will be impacted hehe

by Not_a_burger
on ‎04-12-2015 03:03 PM

Great idea! Fully support it!

by Alisongoh
on ‎04-12-2015 03:56 PM

This is fantastic I have been pondering on that for years how come there is no any bank does that. I will be the first one to apply for it. I dislike additional Tounch n go zing card tie to a credit card like many other banks are offering now.

by hong_323
on ‎05-12-2015 06:26 AM

Ya Alison same here I don't like 2 cards concept. Cheers!

by cklimm
on ‎06-12-2015 09:02 AM

My 2 cent about Zing Card: love the auto reload feature,  hate the RM2 reload fees

by verasoo
on ‎25-05-2016 03:04 AM

Well Ambank has reload fees too for TnG card.
Currently I find the best is to use Watsons TnG, the reload can be done at any stores even non-Watsons stores.
Reload is cheaper.
I do not need to hunt for special EDM machines at bank to reload it.
I get to enjoy rebates at F&B outlets and collect points which covers even more than the previous "popular reward card" Bonuslink.
Watsons also collaborate with other banks.

The concept is Zing card is actually good because bank account holders can allow their children or family members to use a certain amount of credit and automatically top up to them yet there is a system to track the amount spent. MayBk& Cmb uses it.

Many years back, the government even allowed MyKad to be used a type of TnG card.
Yups. Those who did not want to pay for a card, can simply top up credit to their MyKad - which I find was dangerous & the sole ID card ended up old very fast Smiley Sad